Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Michael Leo <ml...@cariboulake.com> on 2001/09/25 02:12:50 UTC

Problem with zip permissions

Gang,

When I unzip a file (in UNIX using unzip) that was created
by ant, it uses my UNIX umask to set the permissions for all
the files in the zip archive.

What am I missing?  I can't traverse the directory structure
without chmodding ...

         <chmod dir="${stage.dir}" perm="ugo+rwx" includes="**/*"/>

         <delete file="${os.JSOCKETS_JAR_PREFIX}.zip"/>
         <zip zipfile="${os.JSOCKETS_JAR_PREFIX}.zip">
              <zipfileset dir="${stage.dir}" prefix="./" />
         </zip>
         <delete dir="${stage.dir}"/>

Thanks for your time.

Michael Leo            mleo@cariboulake.com        Java, Oracle
Caribou Lake Software  http://www.cariboulake.com  Ingres, JDBC

JSockets/JMobility: Tunnelling sockets over HTTP - REALLY!

Re: Problem with zip permissions

Posted by Peter Donald <do...@apache.org>.
On Tue, 25 Sep 2001 14:06, Michael Leo wrote:
> I am using version 1.3.  Should I upgrade to 1.4?

yep.

> I'm sure you heard this, but are there any issues using 1.4 after
> everyone got used to 1.3?

Theres a list of known incompatabilities in the changelog. It is under a
heading something like "Changes that may break your build files" or similar.

--
Cheers,

Pete

The big mistake that men make is that when they turn thirteen or fourteen and
all of a sudden they've reached puberty, they believe that they like women.
Actually, you're just horny. It doesn't mean you like women any more at
twenty-one than you did at ten.                --Jules Feiffer (cartoonist)

Re: Problem with zip permissions

Posted by Michael Leo <ml...@cariboulake.com>.

Posted by Peter Donald <do...@apache.org>.
On Tue, 25 Sep 2001 10:12, Michael Leo wrote:
> Gang,
>
> When I unzip a file (in UNIX using unzip) that was created
> by ant, it uses my UNIX umask to set the permissions for all
> the files in the zip archive.
>
> What am I missing?  I can't traverse the directory structure
> without chmodding ...
>
>          <chmod dir="${stage.dir}" perm="ugo+rwx" includes="**/*"/>
>
>          <delete file="${os.JSOCKETS_JAR_PREFIX}.zip"/>
>          <zip zipfile="${os.JSOCKETS_JAR_PREFIX}.zip">
>               <zipfileset dir="${stage.dir}" prefix="./" />
>          </zip>
>          <delete dir="${stage.dir}"/>
>
> Thanks for your time.

This used to be an issue but it should be fixed by last release - which Ant
are you using?

--
Cheers,

Pete