Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org> on 2003/01/09 20:46:15 UTC

[vote] Jeff Turner for cocoon committership

People,

I hereby propose Jeff Turner for cocoon committership. He is one of the
major forces behind Forrest and has been proposing important patches and
features addition to the main Cocoon repository.

Here is my obvious +1

--
Stefano Mazzocchi                               <st...@apache.org>

Re: [vote] Jeff Turner for cocoon committership

Posted by Konstantin Piroumian <kp...@apache.org>.
From: "Stefano Mazzocchi" <st...@apache.org>

> People,
>
> I hereby propose Jeff Turner for cocoon committership. He is one of the
> major forces behind Forrest and has been proposing important patches and
> features addition to the main Cocoon repository.
>
> Here is my obvious +1

+1 for sure

--
  Konstantin

Posted by Ivelin Ivanov <iv...@apache.org>.
+1

Two thumbs up.
He has also prepared a sophisticated test suite based on Anteater.
Once he has commiter rights, Jeff will be finally able to keep it up to
date.

Ivelin

Posted by Marcus Crafter <cr...@fztig938.bank.dresdner.net>.
On Thu, Jan 09, 2003 at 11:46:15AM -0800, Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
> People,
>
> I hereby propose Jeff Turner for cocoon committership. He is one of the
> major forces behind Forrest and has been proposing important patches and
> features addition to the main Cocoon repository.

	+1, welcome Jeff!

	Cheers,

	Marcus

     ,,$$$$$$$$$,      Marcus Crafter
    $:         $$$$:   ManageSoft GmbH
     ;$,    _/\ &&:'   60327 Frankfurt Germany
       '     /( &&&
           \_&&&&'
          &&&&.
    &&&&&&&:

Re: [vote] Jeff Turner for cocoon committership

Posted by Sylvain Wallez <sy...@anyware-tech.com>.
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

> People,
>
> I hereby propose Jeff Turner for cocoon committership. He is one of
> the major forces behind Forrest and has been proposing important
> patches and features addition to the main Cocoon repository.
>
> Here is my obvious +1

+1 !

Sylvain

RE: [vote] Jeff Turner for cocoon committership

Posted by Matthew Langham <ml...@s-und-n.de>.
> I hereby propose Jeff Turner for cocoon committership.
>
> Here is my obvious +1

+1

Matthew

--
Open Source Group       Cocoon { Consulting, Training, Projects }
Tel:+49-5251-1581-30  mlangham@s-und-n.de - http://www.s-und-n.de

Re: [vote] Jeff Turner for cocoon committership

Posted by Gianugo Rabellino <gi...@apache.org>.
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
> I hereby propose Jeff Turner for cocoon committership.
>
> Here is my obvious +1

+1. Welcome, Jeff!

Ciao,

--
Gianugo

Re: [vote] Jeff Turner for cocoon committership

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@indexgeo.com.au>.
Steven Noels wrote:
> Jeff Turner wrote:
>
> > As I said then, Forrest will always be my main focus.  I want it to be
> > Cocoon's killer app: dead-simple site generation, filling the vast low-
> > to medium-complexity publishing niche that Cocoon currently misses.  If
> > you all don't mind this user-centric perspective and associated low
> > 'commit rate', then I'd count it an honour to be a committer, and do what
> > I can to help.
>
> So... shall we introduce toothbrushes in here? ;-)

That is a secret weapon for Forrest and the pun is
pertinent only there.

By the way, toothbrushes are assigned to every Private
in the forrest-dev troops ... we would welcome more
from cocoon-dev to join the ranks.

--David

Re: [vote] Jeff Turner for cocoon committership

Posted by Steven Noels <st...@outerthought.org>.
Jeff Turner wrote:

> As I said then, Forrest will always be my main focus.  I want it to be
> Cocoon's killer app: dead-simple site generation, filling the vast low-
> to medium-complexity publishing niche that Cocoon currently misses.  If
> you all don't mind this user-centric perspective and associated low
> 'commit rate', then I'd count it an honour to be a committer, and do what
> I can to help.

So... shall we introduce toothbrushes in here? ;-)

</Steven>
stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org

Re: [vote] Jeff Turner for cocoon committership

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@verizon.net>.
Jeff Turner wrote:

>On Thu, Jan 09, 2003 at 08:52:23PM +0100, Steven Noels wrote:
>

>>Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
>>

>>>I hereby propose Jeff Turner for cocoon committership. He is one of the
>>>major forces behind Forrest and has been proposing important patches and
>>>features addition to the main Cocoon repository.

+1

>Wohoo! :)  Thanks for the nomination, it is an honour.
>

>>David & I asked some time ago, but he prefered keeping low-profile at
>>that time. But I'm sure he won't refuse the offer if it comes from you :-)
>>

>Well obviously, David and Steven.. pfft, they're not nearly as good as
>Stefano ;)  No, only joking.. in fact David ought to be everyone's Cocoon
>role-model, doing unglamorous but essential things like improving docs
>and validation. But I digress..
>
>As I said then, Forrest will always be my main focus.  I want it to be
>Cocoon's killer app: dead-simple site generation, filling the vast low-
>to medium-complexity publishing niche that Cocoon currently misses.  If
>you all don't mind this user-centric perspective and associated low
>'commit rate',

We value quality over quantity :-)

Vadim

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@indexgeo.com.au>.
Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
> Jeff Turner wrote:
> >. . .
> > If you all don't mind this user-centric perspective and associated
> > low 'commit rate', then I'd count it an honour to be a committer, and
> > do what I can to help.
>
> Well, quality is more important than quantity ;-)
>
> Making it easy for you to improve Cocoon instead of working around its
> limitations in Forrest is certainly a Good Thing!

That is why i wanted to propose Jeff earlier. I think that
being a committer helps productive people be more productive.
In fact that is probably one of the main reasons for the
privilege.

--David

Re: [vote] Jeff Turner for cocoon committership

Posted by Nicola Ken Barozzi <ni...@apache.org>.

Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
> Jeff Turner wrote:
>  >. . .
>
>> If you all don't mind this user-centric perspective and associated
>
>  > low 'commit rate', then I'd count it an honour to be a committer, and
>  > do what I can to help.
>
> Well, quality is more important than quantity ;-)
>
> Making it easy for you to improve Cocoon instead of working around its
> limitations in Forrest is certainly a Good Thing!

+1

             - verba volant, scripta manent -

Re: [vote] Jeff Turner for cocoon committership

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@codeconsult.ch>.
Jeff Turner wrote:
 >. . .
> If you all don't mind this user-centric perspective and associated
 > low 'commit rate', then I'd count it an honour to be a committer, and
 > do what I can to help.

Well, quality is more important than quantity ;-)

Making it easy for you to improve Cocoon instead of working around its
limitations in Forrest is certainly a Good Thing!

-Bertrand

Re: [vote] Jeff Turner for cocoon committership

Posted by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org>.
Jeff Turner wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 09, 2003 at 08:52:23PM +0100, Steven Noels wrote:
>
>>Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
>>

>>>I hereby propose Jeff Turner for cocoon committership. He is one of the
>>>major forces behind Forrest and has been proposing important patches and
>>>features addition to the main Cocoon repository.
>

> Wohoo! :)  Thanks for the nomination, it is an honour.
>

>>David & I asked some time ago, but he prefered keeping low-profile at
>>that time. But I'm sure he won't refuse the offer if it comes from you :-)
>

> Well obviously, David and Steven.. pfft, they're not nearly as good as
> Stefano ;)  No, only joking.. in fact David ought to be everyone's Cocoon
> role-model, doing unglamorous but essential things like improving docs
> and validation. But I digress..
>
> As I said then, Forrest will always be my main focus.  I want it to be
> Cocoon's killer app: dead-simple site generation, filling the vast low-
> to medium-complexity publishing niche that Cocoon currently misses.  If
> you all don't mind this user-centric perspective and associated low
> 'commit rate', then I'd count it an honour to be a committer, and do what
> I can to help.

I while ago I heard something that inspired me a lot: it used to be that
the US National Science Foundation funded "people" and not "projects". I
want to use the same pattern here.

That means, as long as I trust a committer, I don't *care* what he wants
to focus on. I don't care where he wants to take the project, as long as
he plays nicely with the rest of the community (and you have a proven
record of that, which is what really makes me confortable about giving
you commit access more than anything else)

In short, you don't have to tell us what is your focus or even if your
focus changes overtime (mine does continously), we want to sponsor "you"
not what you are interested in right now. Also because your interests
might change in the future, but your attitude toward open collaboration
and friendly consensus reaching is very unlikely to.

Of course, this is not only related to you, but to everybody else I ever
proposed for committership or voted yes on them... which, in fact,
counts for everybody since, interesting enough, this project *never*
received a -1 on an individual proposed for commit access.

Personal trust, early-on delegation of responsability and respected
openmindness: I think that's all it takes to create a healthy open
development community.

Posted by Jeff Turner <je...@apache.org>.

Posted by Steven Noels <st...@outerthought.org>.
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

> I hereby propose Jeff Turner for cocoon committership. He is one of the
> major forces behind Forrest and has been proposing important patches and
> features addition to the main Cocoon repository.

David & I asked some time ago, but he prefered keeping low-profile at
that time. But I'm sure he won't refuse the offer if it comes from you :-)

But anyway, how couldn't I vote wholeheartedly +1 for someone I trust my
equipment with?

</Steven>
stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org

Re: [vote] Jeff Turner for cocoon committership

Posted by Christian Haul <ha...@dvs1.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de>.
On 09.Jan.2003 -- 11:46 AM, Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
> People,
>
> I hereby propose Jeff Turner for cocoon committership. He is one of the
> major forces behind Forrest and has been proposing important patches and
> features addition to the main Cocoon repository.
>
> Here is my obvious +1

+1, welcome, Jeff!

	Chris.
--
C h r i s t i a n       H a u l
haul@informatik.tu-darmstadt.de

Re: [vote] Jeff Turner for cocoon committership

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@indexgeo.com.au>.
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
> People,
>
> I hereby propose Jeff Turner for cocoon committership. He is one of the
> major forces behind Forrest and has been proposing important patches and
> features addition to the main Cocoon repository.
>
> Here is my obvious +1

+1 from me. A while ago i asked him offline before proposing
and he declined. Perhaps you will have better luck - i hope so.

--David

Re: [vote] Jeff Turner for cocoon committership

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@codeconsult.ch>.
+1

Makes a lot of sense given the great work being done at Forrest!

-Bertrand

Posted by Bernhard Huber <be...@a1.net>.
yup, +1 from me, too

Posted by Diana Shannon <sh...@terracare.com>.
On Thursday, January 9, 2003, at 02:46  PM, Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

> I hereby propose Jeff Turner for cocoon committership. He is one of the
> major forces behind Forrest and has been proposing important patches
> and features addition to the main Cocoon repository.

+1 One of the many qualities of Jeff's work I admire is the way he
documents it so thoroughly. Welcome!

Diana

Re: [vote] Jeff Turner for cocoon committership

Posted by Diana Shannon <sh...@apache.org>.

Posted by John Morrison <jo...@ntlworld.com>.
+1.  My email from work isn't getting to any apache lists, sorry about
the delay in replying!

Welcome Jeff :)

J.

Posted by Torsten Curdt <tc...@dff.st>.
>>I hereby propose Jeff Turner for cocoon committership. He is one of the
>>major forces behind Forrest and has been proposing important patches and
>>features addition to the main Cocoon repository.

+1
--
Torsten

Re: [vote] Jeff Turner for cocoon committership

Posted by Stephan Michels <st...@apache.org>.

On Thu, 9 Jan 2003, Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

> People,
>
> I hereby propose Jeff Turner for cocoon committership. He is one of the
> major forces behind Forrest and has been proposing important patches and
> features addition to the main Cocoon repository.
>
> Here is my obvious +1

Of cause +1 for his great work at forrest, which I now use for my
private projects.

Stephan.

Re: [vote] Jeff Turner for cocoon committership

Posted by Giacomo Pati <gi...@apache.org>.
On Thu, 9 Jan 2003, Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

> People,
>
> I hereby propose Jeff Turner for cocoon committership. He is one of the
> major forces behind Forrest and has been proposing important patches and
> features addition to the main Cocoon repository.
>
> Here is my obvious +1

And here's mine +1

Giacomo

RE: [vote] Jeff Turner for cocoon committership

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@s-und-n.de>.
Ovidiu Predescu wrote:

> On Thursday, Jan 9, 2003, at 11:46 US/Pacific, Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
>
> > People,
> >
> > I hereby propose Jeff Turner for cocoon committership. He is one of
> > the major forces behind Forrest and has been proposing important
> > patches and features addition to the main Cocoon repository.
> >
> > Here is my obvious +1
>
> Definitely a big +1 from me!!

And a bigger +1 from here.

> Jeff is doing some really incredible job no matter what is the project
> he's working on. We're so lucky to have him working on Cocoon!

Absolutely!

Carsten

Re: [vote] Jeff Turner for cocoon committership

Posted by Ovidiu Predescu <ov...@apache.org>.
On Thursday, Jan 9, 2003, at 11:46 US/Pacific, Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

> People,
>
> I hereby propose Jeff Turner for cocoon committership. He is one of
> the major forces behind Forrest and has been proposing important
> patches and features addition to the main Cocoon repository.
>
> Here is my obvious +1

Definitely a big +1 from me!!

Jeff is doing some really incredible job no matter what is the project
he's working on. We're so lucky to have him working on Cocoon!

Best,
Ovidiu

--
Ovidiu Predescu <ov...@apache.org>
http://www.google.com/search?btnI=&q=ovidiu

Re: [vote] Jeff Turner for cocoon committership

Posted by Jeremy Quinn <je...@media.demon.co.uk>.
On Thursday, Jan 9, 2003, at 19:46 Europe/London, Stefano Mazzocchi
wrote:

> People,
>
> I hereby propose Jeff Turner for cocoon committership. He is one of
> the major forces behind Forrest and has been proposing important
> patches and features addition to the main Cocoon repository.

Definitely!

+1

regards Jeremy