Posted to phoenix-dev@avalon.apache.org by Oliver Flege <o....@market-maker.de> on 2002/09/27 14:38:23 UTC

Logging problem with Phoenix-4.0

Hi,

I'm trying to have different phoenix-blocks do logging
with different log-levels, but all blocks seem to log according
to the default category.
My log-configuration in environment.xml looks like this:

      <categories>
          <category name="" log-level="ERROR">
           <log-target id-ref="console"/>
          </category>
          <category name="parser" log-level="DEBUG">
           <log-target id-ref="console"/>
          </category>

What I would assume is that my "parser"-block is provided with a
logger that logs according to the parser category (i.e., logs everything)
and all other blocks log using the default category (i.e., log just errors).
But: the parser also logs just errors.

Am I missing something? Do I have to specify the logger
for the parser block explicitly somewhere? Or is this a bug in phoenix?

 Best Regards,

Oliver

Re: Logging problem with Phoenix-4.0

Posted by Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>.
On Fri, 27 Sep 2002 22:38, Oliver Flege wrote:
> Am I missing something? Do I have to specify the logger
> for the parser block explicitly somewhere? Or is this a bug in phoenix?

This is a bug in Phoenix, thanks for reporting it ;). The CVS version of
Phoenix has been fixed and our next release will have it fixed.

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald
"It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we
cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our
responsibilities." -Josiah Stamp