Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by praveen <is...@tataisp.com> on 2001/07/07 08:22:10 UTC

need some help on tomcat

Hi
I am very new to linux environment..Recently i downloaded tomcat and installed on my linuxbox...Now i want to configure connectivity between tomcat and oracle database...Anybody pls help me out how to do this and the classpath variables and any other settings to configure...
Pls do needful.......

Thanks & Regards
Praveen

Hi Vinay and Wentzel

Posted by praveen <is...@tataisp.com>.
Hi vinay and Wentzel

SUCCESSSSS ....finally i got break through in TOMCATconfiguration and connectivity with ORACLE8i on LINUX....Thanks a lot for u r valuble help yaar....but all this is on port 8080 only i didnt integrate with apache (i didnt tried till now)but now i have confidence that i can do that by u r support ....after i got the databse connectivity first i am writing this mail to u..once again thanks a lot .Now integration with apache ..for  virtual sites and integration with SSL is left from tomorrow i will start that work..

Bye for now
Thanks and regards

Hi vinay........

Posted by praveen <is...@tataisp.com>.
Hi vinay
Thanks a lot for u r helpful response ...I installed Tomcat 3.2 and jdk1.2.2 ...
U told me copy classes12.zip in TOMCAT_HOME/lib/apps but  apps directory  is not in lib  .So can i copy that zip file directly in TOMCAT_HOME/lib directory? and one more thing for classpath writing there are two files workers.properties and wrappers.properties are there with classpath parameter  in TOMCAT_HOME/conf dir..So which file i have to edit.....can u send me the classspath string for oracle connectivity ...and where to write that one...
I will wait for u r response

Thanks & Regards
Praveen

Re: need some help on tomcat