Posted to user@poi.apache.org by "Alexandru, Ionita" <ga...@cstdev.cst.ro> on 2004/04/07 18:41:17 UTC

Example

can someone tell me where can I find some read/write word documents
samples?

I have to insert some text in a word document, after a specified
sequence of known text.
I've tried some code, but, the final word doc was corrupted

======

public static void main(String[] args){
	try
	{
		HWPFDocument doc = new HWPFDocument (new FileInputStream
(args[0]));
		Range r = doc.getRange();

		r.insertAfter("this is the text that I wanna insert");
		OutputStream out = new FileOutputStream(args[1]);
		doc.write(out);

		out.flush();
		out.close();
	}
	catch (Throwable t){
		t.printStackTrace();
	}
}

RE: Example

Posted by "Alexandru, Ionita" <ga...@cstdev.cst.ro>.
I've tried again, but the same problem occurred, and the manifestation
was the same...
I don't know if the code is realy correct.

Thanks again!

Re: Example

Posted by Ryan Ackley <sa...@cfl.rr.com>.

Need help

Posted by gopal sharma <go...@translineindia.com>.
Hi Friends,
I want to send the contents of  html page(jsp) to excel file.
This I want to happen on the click of the button.
I have written a function name
function jspToExcel()
{
        <%
           HSSFWorkbook wb = new HSSFWorkbook();
           HSSFSheet s = wb.createSheet();
           response.setContentType("application/vnd.ms-excel");

response.setHeader("Content-Disposition","attachment;filename=gopal.xls");
           OutputStream output = response.getOutputStream();
           wb.write(output);
           out.close();
           return;
    %>
}

and I am calling this function on button click.
But when I try to execute the jsp page I get "Compilation Error"
If i remove "return " statement, I get  illegalStateException.

Pl . help me where I am wrong.
As I have seen the others mail, I have tried to follow same thing.I have
included  all library.

with regards

Gopal

Re: Example

Posted by Ryan Ackley <sa...@cfl.rr.com>.
Your code should work, Do me a favor and post it as a bug with the Word
document attached and I will look at it tonight.

Thanks

Ryan