Posted to user@beam.apache.org by Griselda Cuevas <gr...@google.com> on 2017/08/31 19:32:01 UTC

[Proposal] Host office hours to help new Beam users/contributors

Hi Beam Community,

I'd like to propose an idea to host virtual office hours where Committers
and PMCs could help new users like me get onboard into the project.

These office hours could be open videoconferences where people can join if
they have questions or need help reviewing their commits. We could have a
rotation of PMCs/Committers to always have someone who can help a larger
group.

If you guys like the idea I can help organize them.

Re: [Proposal] Host office hours to help new Beam users/contributors

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi,

I don't think visio-conf is the most convenient and easy way. We are all on
Slack, and, as it's store to later read, and very convenient, I think it's a
better channel.

Regards
JB

On 08/31/2017 09:32 PM, Griselda Cuevas wrote:
> Hi Beam Community,
>
> I'd like to propose an idea to host virtual office hours where Committers and
> PMCs could help new users like me get onboard into the project.
>
> These office hours could be open videoconferences where people can join if they
> have questions or need help reviewing their commits. We could have a rotation of
> PMCs/Committers to always have someone who can help a larger group.
>
> If you guys like the idea I can help organize them.

Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org
http://blog.nanthrax.net
Talend - http://www.talend.com