Posted to user@impala.apache.org by Sunil Parmar <su...@gmail.com> on 2018/02/20 06:27:54 UTC

access control port 25000

Impalad's port 25000 allows easy way to monitor queries and other debug
information about the node. Most things that can be done are read only
except few...

- Cancel the running query.
- Close Hive connections
- Set log level

We're trying to expose this page to dev for easy debug of an issue but it
exposes these capabilities which are not ideal for production setup. Is
there a way to set access control on what get exposed on port 25000 ?

Thanks,
Sunil Parmar

Re: access control port 25000

Posted by Jeszy <je...@gmail.com>.
Hey Sunil,

No, there is no way to do this currently.
The cancel part is tracked as:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IMPALA-1762. I don't think we
have jiras for the rest, though I agree they would be nice additions.

HTH