Posted to user@chukwa.apache.org by Corbin Hoenes <co...@tynt.com> on 2010/03/05 17:20:21 UTC

0 byte files in /chukwa/logs

We are getting a bunch of 0 byte *.chukwa files in logs.  What could be the cause of this?  (e.g. starting and stopping the collector or if a collector dies etc...)

Is there a JIRA that reflects this issue (not sure if it's common)?

Re: 0 byte files in /chukwa/logs

Posted by Ariel Rabkin <as...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Mar 5, 2010 at 8:20 AM, Corbin Hoenes <co...@tynt.com> wrote:
> We are getting a bunch of 0 byte *.chukwa files in logs.  What could be the cause of this?  (e.g. starting and stopping the collector or if a collector dies etc...)

This will happen if a collector dies or is stopped.  I just opened
CHUKWA-461 on JIRA to keep track of it.

--
Ari Rabkin asrabkin@gmail.com
UC Berkeley Computer Science Department

Re: 0 byte files in /chukwa/logs

Posted by Eric Yang <ey...@yahoo-inc.com>.
The 0 bytes files should be renamed to .done file after the collector close
the file.  If those files have been sitting around for a long time, then
your guess is right.  There is a JIRA for this, it is:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CHUKWA-4

I think the fix is to handling of sigterm correctly for the collector.

Regards,
Eric