Posted to dev@trafficserver.apache.org by Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org> on 2015/02/15 23:08:15 UTC

Binary sizes

So, we’re seeing some pretty dramatic increases in the binary sizes as of recent. For example, traffic_server has gone from 26MB to 36MB, most of it fairly recent as of 5.0.x and  5.2.x. I understand that this is not a direct indicator that we would see worse performance, of course. But, I think something fundamentally has changed in how we write our code, and I’m slightly worried.

I’ll try to dig into some details as to where all this increase in size is from, and maybe we can discuss this at the Summit as well.

— Leif