Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Gernot Koller <gr...@gmx.at> on 2002/11/21 18:52:28 UTC

java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException

Hi!

Trying to use the current cvs version of cocoon with tomcat version 4.1.12 I experience the following problem
After building and installing cocoon
(./build.bat -Dinclude.webapp.libs=true -Dinclude.scratchpad.libs=true webapp ; ./build.bat - Dinclude.webapp.libs=true -Dinclude.scratchpad.libs=true -
Dinstall.war="C:/ent/jakarta-tomcat-4.1.12/webapps" installwar)
and starting tomcat server enterint the URl "http://localhost:8080/cocoon/" correctly redirects to
http://localhost:8080/cocoon/documents/index.html but then brings an error page containing:

type fatal

message Index: -1, Size: 0

description java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Index: -1, Size: 0

source Cocoon servlet

stack-trace

java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Index: -1, Size: 0
	at java.util.ArrayList.RangeCheck(ArrayList.java:491)
	at java.util.ArrayList.remove(ArrayList.java:375)
	at  org.apache.cocoon.components.EnvironmentDescription.removeLastSitemapConfiguration(CocoonComponentManager.java:548)
	at  org.apache.cocoon.components.CocoonComponentManager.leaveEnvironment(CocoonComponentManager.java:156)
	at org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.TreeProcessor.process(TreeProcessor.java:328)
	at org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.TreeProcessor.process(TreeProcessor.java:308)
	at org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet.service
	[...]

Directly jumping to one of the samples (e.g. http://localhost:8080/cocoon/samples/ or http://localhost:8080/ cocoon/samples/portal-fw/sunspotdemofree-
portal) seems to work.

So my guess is I'm just missing the documentation html files ? Looking in the $TOMCAT/webApps/cocoon/ documentation directory actually does not contain an
index.html file, is this correct ?

What am I doing wrong ? Any hints, please ?

thanks,

Gernot.

RE: java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@s-und-n.de>.

I will watch this.

Thanks
Carsten

Re: java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@codeconsult.ch>.
On Friday 22 November 2002 07:44, Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
>. . .
> I don't know why, but my IDE didn't commit the changes yesterday,
> although it says that it did....

FYI yesterday morning when I did a CVS update (from the command line ;-) to
check the batik.jar, CVS said "waiting on lock from cziegeler" or something
for some other files. Maybe this helps in finding out what happened.

-Bertrand

Re: java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException

Posted by Jeremy Quinn <je...@media.demon.co.uk>.
On Friday, Nov 22, 2002, at 06:44 Europe/London, Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

> Ok, sorry for this - I just committed the missing line.
> I don't know why, but my IDE didn't commit the changes yesterday,
> although it says that it did. Wired. So, don't rely on tools
> and always make sure that everything went as it should have
> been.

Many thanks, Carsten, I'm back in business!

regards Jeremy

RE: java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@s-und-n.de>.
Ok, sorry for this - I just committed the missing line.
I don't know why, but my IDE didn't commit the changes yesterday,
although it says that it did. Wired. So, don't rely on tools
and always make sure that everything went as it should have
been.

Sorry
Carsten

Posted by Marcus Crafter <cr...@fztig938.bank.dresdner.net>.
Hi Gernot,

	I've located the problem but aren't 100% sure about what the proper fix
	is as I think Carsten is still working on the code. I've already
	contacted him about the problem so I'm sure it will be fixed soon.

	In the meantime you can change the removeLastSitemapConfiguration()
	method in CocoonComponentManager to look like:

void removeLastSitemapConfiguration() {
  if (this.sitemapConfigurations.size() > 0)
    this.sitemapConfigurations.remove(this.sitemapConfigurations.size()-1);
}

	and it will let you continue working. A proper fix will appear
	shortly.

	Hope that helps.

	Cheers,

	Marcus

On Thu, Nov 21, 2002 at 06:52:28PM +0100, Gernot Koller wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Trying to use the current cvs version of cocoon with tomcat version 4.1.12 I experience the following problem
> After building and installing cocoon
> (./build.bat -Dinclude.webapp.libs=true -Dinclude.scratchpad.libs=true webapp ; ./build.bat - Dinclude.webapp.libs=true -Dinclude.scratchpad.libs=true -
> Dinstall.war="C:/ent/jakarta-tomcat-4.1.12/webapps" installwar)
> and starting tomcat server enterint the URl "http://localhost:8080/cocoon/" correctly redirects to
> http://localhost:8080/cocoon/documents/index.html but then brings an error page containing:
>
> type fatal
>
> message Index: -1, Size: 0
>
> description java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Index: -1, Size: 0
>
> sender org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet
>
> source Cocoon servlet
>
> stack-trace
>
> java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Index: -1, Size: 0
> 	at java.util.ArrayList.RangeCheck(ArrayList.java:491)
> 	at java.util.ArrayList.remove(ArrayList.java:375)
> 	at  org.apache.cocoon.components.EnvironmentDescription.removeLastSitemapConfiguration(CocoonComponentManager.java:548)
> 	at  org.apache.cocoon.components.CocoonComponentManager.leaveEnvironment(CocoonComponentManager.java:156)
> 	at org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.TreeProcessor.process(TreeProcessor.java:328)
> 	at org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.TreeProcessor.process(TreeProcessor.java:308)
> 	at org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon.process(Cocoon.java:596)
> 	at org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet.service
> 	[...]
>
> Directly jumping to one of the samples (e.g. http://localhost:8080/cocoon/samples/ or http://localhost:8080/ cocoon/samples/portal-fw/sunspotdemofree-
> portal) seems to work.
>
> So my guess is I'm just missing the documentation html files ? Looking in the $TOMCAT/webApps/cocoon/ documentation directory actually does not contain an
> index.html file, is this correct ?
>
> What am I doing wrong ? Any hints, please ?
>
> thanks,
>
> Gernot.

     ,,$$$$$$$$$,      Marcus Crafter
    $:         $$$$:   ManageSoft GmbH
     ;$,    _/\ &&:'   60327 Frankfurt Germany
           \_&&&&'
          &&&&.
    &&&&&&&: