Posted to dev@opennlp.apache.org by Joern Kottmann <jo...@apache.org> on 2017/01/31 12:45:25 UTC

1.7.2 release

Dear all,

We will be making a 1.7.2 release of OpenNLP today. All issues in jira are
closed now.

Jörn

Re: 1.7.2 release

Posted by Joern Kottmann <jo...@apache.org>.
I was not referring to the things you mentioned.

To ensure that OpenNLP works correctly all components have to be trained on
larger data sets and then evaluated against a larger amount of test data.
We often do changes where we expect the behavior of the component not to
change.

In the past those tests where all manual and often took weeks to be
finished, because they often showed signs of bugs which typically were hard
to track down.

Now we have a set of evaluation tests that can be run fully automatic. This
means also that the tests are run more frequently during development,
especially for high-risk changes, and we now should see problems before we
merge new work into master.

Jörn

Re: 1.7.2 release

Posted by Richard Eckart de Castilho <re...@apache.org>.