Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by ght230 <gh...@163.com> on 2017/03/29 02:53:57 UTC

How to set the value of RebalanceThreadPoolSize?

According to the document, RebalanceThreadPoolSize is Max count of threads
can be used at rebalancing.When setted to 1 will has minimal impact on the
operation of the grid.

But my test result is the opposite.

For example, in my test, if I set RebalanceThreadPoolSize to 1,it will
affect normal operation for about 5 minutes.
(in the test, the normal operation is receive message from MQ and save it to
the grid.In this 5 minutes, the speed of receiving message will be reduced
until to 0)

If I increase RebalanceThreadPoolSize to 64,The affected time will be
shortened,such as 3 minutes.

I do not know whether the Description about RebalanceThreadPoolSize is right
in the document.

Re: How to set the value of RebalanceThreadPoolSize?

Posted by Andrey Mashenkov <an...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

RebalanceThreadPoolSize should affect only partition exchanging on topology
changing.
Seems, your test duration measurement approach is wrong or topology is not
stable during test.

Would you please share your code?

On Wed, Mar 29, 2017 at 5:53 AM, ght230 <gh...@163.com> wrote:

> According to the document, RebalanceThreadPoolSize is Max count of threads
> can be used at rebalancing.When setted to 1 will has minimal impact on the
> operation of the grid.
>
> But my test result is the opposite.
>
> For example, in my test, if I set RebalanceThreadPoolSize to 1,it will
> affect normal operation for about 5 minutes.
> (in the test, the normal operation is receive message from MQ and save it
> the grid.In this 5 minutes, the speed of receiving message will be reduced
> until to 0)
>
> If I increase RebalanceThreadPoolSize to 64,The affected time will be
> shortened,such as 3 minutes.
>
> I do not know whether the Description about RebalanceThreadPoolSize is
> right
> in the document.

Best regards,
Andrey V. Mashenkov