Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Tony Tosi <to...@inacom-msn.com> on 2002/03/26 16:42:37 UTC

Uninstalling Apache 2.0

Wondering how I could "uninstall" Apache 2.0.32. I installed it from
source on a Sparc box running Debian 2.2r5. I tried to do a make
uninstall, but got:

$make: *** No rule to make target `uninstall'.  Stop.

Am I missing something?

Re: Uninstalling Apache 2.0

Posted by Owen Boyle <ob...@bourse.ch>.
Tony Tosi wrote:

> Wondering how I could "uninstall" Apache 2.0.32. I installed it from
> source on a Sparc box running Debian 2.2r5. I tried to do a make
> uninstall, but got:
>
> $make: *** No rule to make target `uninstall'.  Stop.

There is no "uninstall" rule. If you installed in the default location
(/usr/local/apache) you can uninstall simply by removing that whole
directory. Also remove the apache sources from wherever you unpacked
them. If you made any modifications to the run-control scripts
(/etc/rc.d/...) then clean them up too.

Rgds,

Owen Boyle.

Re: Uninstalling Apache 2.0

Posted by Martin Haase-Thomas <mh...@meome-ag.de>.
dpkg -r --purge

Tony Tosi wrote:

>Wondering how I could "uninstall" Apache 2.0.32. I installed it from
>source on a Sparc box running Debian 2.2r5. I tried to do a make
>uninstall, but got:
>
>$make: *** No rule to make target `uninstall'.  Stop.
>
>Am I missing something?

                   http://www.meome.de
Martin Haase-Thomas         |       Tel.: 030 43730-558
meOme AG                    |       Fax.: 030 43730-555
Software Development        |           mht@meome-ag.de