Posted to users@jena.apache.org by "McGibbney, Lewis John" <Le...@gcu.ac.uk> on 2011/05/04 14:59:47 UTC

Constructing a SPARQL query store

Hi list,

Out of curiosity I am wondering if anyone can discuss any implementations or practice of building a query store so that SPARQL queries are not constructed in an ad-hoc one-off fashion. I am thinking about the inherent difficulties presented to new (and unfamiliar) users by any HTTP engine which supports SPARQL querying. I we consider some store for SPARQL queries which can be picked and used instead of the requirement for system users to construct then execute their own queries; this would remove the high complexity of structured queries, instead enabling easy usage of powerful SPARQL queries stored within a central repository.

As I have only begun to learn SPARQL I think it would be good practice for me to begin storing queries and undertake benchmarking over the next few months to evaluate how my knowledge of the language is improving. This will also enable me to evaluate if I am making full use of the RDF dataset's which I am working with.

Thanks for any comments

Lewis

Winner: Times Higher Education’s Widening Participation Initiative of the Year 2009 and Herald Society’s Education Initiative of the Year 2009.

Winner: Times Higher Education’s Outstanding Support for Early Career Researchers of the Year 2010, GCU as a lead with Universities Scotland partners.
http://www.gcu.ac.uk/newsevents/news/bycategory/theuniversity/1/name,15691,en.html

RE: Constructing a SPARQL query store

Posted by "McGibbney, Lewis John" <Le...@gcu.ac.uk>.
Thank you Bill

This has given me a lot to think about...

Lewis
Posted by Bill Roberts <bi...@swirrl.com>.
Hi Lewis

FW: Constructing a SPARQL query store