Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Jeffrey Porter <PO...@WMGMAIL.wmg.warwick.ac.uk> on 2005/11/21 13:05:33 UTC

HTTP re-post - another question.

Hello all,

I know similar things have been asked before, but I've not seen a
conclusive conclusion.

Problem:

I have a page with a bean on, when the page is submitted; the back end
saves the bean & binds a new instance of the bean to the page.

So that the fields are re-displayed as empty.

BUT

When I press F5 at this point, my page is re-submitted & I get a Bean
with the original values in, not an empty bean.

I've seen people talk about the "redirect after post" pattern.

Is this the correct path to follow? Or can I just make a call to removed
the data when I redirect back to my original page?

Jeff.