Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by SF Hadoop <sf...@gmail.com> on 2014/10/03 01:12:21 UTC

Block placement without rack aware

What is the block placement policy hadoop follows when rack aware is not
enabled?

Does it just round robin?

Thanks.

RE: Block placement without rack aware

Posted by "Liu, Yi A" <yi...@intel.com>.
It’s still random.
If rack aware is not enabled, all nodes are in “default-rack”, and random nodes are chosen for block replications.

Regards,
Yi Liu

Posted by SF Hadoop <sf...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the info.  Exactly what I needed.

Cheers.

Posted by SF Hadoop <sf...@gmail.com>.

Posted by SF Hadoop <sf...@gmail.com>.

Posted by SF Hadoop <sf...@gmail.com>.