Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Henning Meyer <tu...@gmail.com> on 2005/12/19 15:38:31 UTC

[users@httpd] mod_cache again

Hello,

I still have the problem that script-generated images do not get cached.

I run apache 2.0.54-5 inside Debian Sarge with mod_fastcgi 2.4.0-5.
What do I need in my configuration to get images cached by mod_cache?
I tought this is enough, but obviously it isn't:

        <IfModule mod_cache.c>
                <IfModule mod_disk_cache.c>
                        CacheRoot /var/www/cache/
                        CacheSize 256000
                        CacheEnable disk /image
                </IfModule>
                CacheDirLevels 5
                CacheDirLength 3
        </IfModule>

What do I do wrong, or how can I find out more about this?

Please help!
Thank you!

Henning

Re: [users@httpd] mod_cache again

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
On 12/19/05, Henning Meyer <tu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I still have the problem that script-generated images do not get cached.
>
> I run apache 2.0.54-5 inside Debian Sarge with mod_fastcgi 2.4.0-5.
> What do I need in my configuration to get images cached by mod_cache?
> I tought this is enough, but obviously it isn't:
>
>         <IfModule mod_cache.c>
>                 <IfModule mod_disk_cache.c>
>                         CacheRoot /var/www/cache/
>                         CacheSize 256000
>                         CacheEnable disk /image
>                 </IfModule>
>                 CacheDirLevels 5
>                 CacheDirLength 3
>         </IfModule>
>
> What do I do wrong, or how can I find out more about this?

Change LogLevel to debug and check the error log.  Also, if you need
more help, post the exact http response headers generated when you
request the image.

But you should really consider using 2.2 which has better caching support.

Joshua.