Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Arieh Markel <Ar...@central.sun.com> on 2000/11/15 17:34:46 UTC

Interesting issue with Java and Cygwin under WIN32

We have identified an interesting issue, which I am not sure how to
resolve (if it ever will), and it is not directly relevant to Jakarta.

In our application, in order to leverage the work that has been done
for operating in a Unix environment (rcX.d scripts, utility scripts),
we have decided to use Cygwin to provide a similar environment when
working on a Win32 environment.

What it interesting to note is that we find problems with platform
dependent Java items (like fileSeparator, pathSeparator), which take
it from the host environment and prevent from setting it up externally.

In fact, I would like the ability to override the Win32 default in a
CygWin environment.

Any ideas ?

Opinions ?

Thanks,