Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Solr User <so...@gmail.com> on 2010/11/11 16:35:25 UTC

Boosting

Hi,

I have a question about boosting.

I have the following fields in my schema.xml:

1. title
2. description
3. ISBN

etc

I want to boost the field title. I tried index time boosting but it did not
work. I also tried Query time boosting but with no luck.

Can someone help me on how to implement boosting on a specific field like
title?

Thanks,
Solr User

Re: Boosting

Posted by Shalin Shekhar Mangar <sh...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Nov 11, 2010 at 10:35 AM, Solr User <so...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a question about boosting.
>
> I have the following fields in my schema.xml:
>
> 1. title
> 2. description
> 3. ISBN
>
> etc
>
> I want to boost the field title. I tried index time boosting but it did not
> work. I also tried Query time boosting but with no luck.
>
> Can someone help me on how to implement boosting on a specific field like
> title?

If you use index time boosting, you have to restart Solr and re-index
the documents after making the change to the schema.xml. For debugging
problems with query-time boosting, append debugQuery=on as a request
parameter to see the parsed query and scoring information.

Shalin Shekhar Mangar.