Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Martin West <ma...@enigmatec.net> on 2003/11/26 16:15:22 UTC

[users@httpd] mod_ino incompatibility

When I start my httpd I get
/usr/sbin/httpd -t
httpd: module "mod_ino.c" is not compatible with this version of Apache.
Please contact the vendor for the correct version.

but
1) Cannot find any mod_ino*.so on my machine
2) Cannot find any mod_ino reference in the .conf files
3) Cannot find any mod_ino reference in the mod_*.so files
4) /usr/sbin/httpd -l
Compiled in modules:
  core.c
  prefork.c
  http_core.c
  mod_so.c

5) Google search of mod_ino yields zilch

I am runnning rh9, with the latest httpd rpm installed 2.0.40-21.5

I tried forced update of the RPM.

I assume I have installed something that has upset the system but cannot
fathom what.

Is there a way to track down where the error is coming from in the
startup?

Baffled ...

--
regards Martin West

This email is confidential and may be protected by legal privilege. If you are not the intended recipient,  please do not copy or disclose its content but  delete the email and contact the sender immediately. Whilst we run antivirus software on all internet emails we are not liable for any loss or damage. The recipient is advised to run their own antivirus software.

Re: [users@httpd] mod_ino incompatibility

Posted by Martin West <ma...@enigmatec.net>.
1) The mod_ino problem is on the tamino forums. Google just didnt pick
it up! However the actual module name is TaminoApache2Ino.so.
2) httpd was using /opt/sag/ino/v4141/X_Port/TaminoApache2.conf, which
was included at the end of the httpd conf, doh

Posted by Martin West <ma...@enigmatec.net>.
also tried

 find /etc/httpd ! -type d | xargs grep "mod_ino"
/etc/httpd/httpd.log:httpd: module "mod_ino.c" is not compatible with
this version of Apache.

find /usr/lib/httpd/modules ! -type d | xargs grep "mod_ino"

On Wed, 2003-11-26 at 16:51, Martin West wrote:
> yep did that, well did
>
> find /etc/httpd -name "*.conf" | xargs grep "mod_in*"
>
> /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf:#LoadModule include_module
> modules/mod_include.so
> /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf:#LoadModule info_module modules/mod_info.so
> /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf:LoadModule imap_module modules/mod_imap.so
> /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf:# mod_status and mod_info output etc., but
> not CGI generated documents).
> /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf:<IfModule mod_include.c>
> /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf:#  http://servername/server-info (requires
> that mod_info.c be loaded).
>
> Also did the same grep on modules/*.so which is why I am baffled.
>
> The commented out lines is my starting attempt to isolate where the
> failure is.
>
> Thanks
>
> On Wed, 2003-11-26 at 16:27, Joshua Slive wrote:
> > On Wed, 26 Nov 2003, Martin West wrote:
> >

> > > When I start my httpd I get
> > > /usr/sbin/httpd -t
> > > httpd: module "mod_ino.c" is not compatible with this version of Apache.
> > > Please contact the vendor for the correct version.
> >
> > Try "grep ino httpd.conf", and in particular, look for LoadModule lines.
> >
> > Joshua.

> > This email is confidential and may be protected by legal privilege. If you are not the intended recipient,  please do not copy or disclose its content but  delete the email and contact the sender immediately. Whilst we run antivirus software on all internet emails we are not liable for any loss or damage. The recipient is advised to run their own antivirus software.
--
regards Martin West
DD:020-7397-8203
MB:078-7968-0096