Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Kr <ba...@gmail.com> on 2005/08/12 06:34:40 UTC

How to configure Axis stubs for Integrated Windows Authentication ?

Hi All,

I am trying to consume a web service on https and it uses .NET with
Integrated Windows Authentication Security Mechanism.  When I type the
web service endpoint address in browser I am prompted for a login
dialog and I login using
username (in the format <domain name>\\<username>) and password given
by the web service provider.

Now I have generated stubs using AXIS 1.2 Final but I dont know how to
pass or set the credentials (domain, username, password)  in my client
program. I tried <stub object>.setUsername and <stub
object>.setPassword methods but I am
not able to connect to the service and I always get HTTP Error Code
401.2 from the service. I am not sure this is  right way to set
credentials in my code. I tried searching this mailing list but no
avail. Can anyone please  help me.

If Jakarta Commons HTTP Client is the solution to my problems then can
anyone please redirect me relevant good handson tutorials on this as I
very new to HTTP Client.

Thanks & Regards,
Kr.

Re: How to configure Axis stubs for Integrated Windows Authentication ?

Posted by Kr <ba...@gmail.com>.
Thank you for the response Craig. It clears some of my confusions.

Re: How to configure Axis stubs for Integrated Windows Authentication ?

Posted by Craig McClanahan <cr...@gmail.com>.
On 8/11/05, Kr <ba...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>

> I am trying to consume a web service on https and it uses .NET with
> Integrated Windows Authentication Security Mechanism.  When I type the
> web service endpoint address in browser I am prompted for a login
> dialog and I login using
> username (in the format <domain name>\\<username>) and password given
> by the web service provider.
>
> Now I have generated stubs using AXIS 1.2 Final but I dont know how to
> pass or set the credentials (domain, username, password)  in my client
> program. I tried <stub object>.setUsername and <stub
> object>.setPassword methods but I am
> not able to connect to the service and I always get HTTP Error Code
> 401.2 from the service. I am not sure this is  right way to set
> credentials in my code. I tried searching this mailing list but no
> avail. Can anyone please  help me.
>
> If Jakarta Commons HTTP Client is the solution to my problems then can
> anyone please redirect me relevant good handson tutorials on this as I
> very new to HTTP Client.

You might want to ask a question like this on the Axis user list,
and/or go through some of the basic Axis tutorials.  In particular,
the whole idea of using the generated stubs for a web service is that
you do *not* need to do low-level HTTP processing yourself, so HTTP
Client isn't something you should need to concern yourself with (for
this particular use case -- it is invaluable for many other
situations, though).

> Thanks & Regards,
> Kr.

Craig