Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Melvin Lim <me...@msn.com> on 2003/08/13 08:28:35 UTC

Problem with starting Tomcat 4.127 as a service

Hi everyone,

I'm using JDK1.4 and Tomcat 4.127. Tomcat is set to run on port 2003, because port 80 and port 8080 are currently used by IIS and Apache respectively. I'm trying to run Tomcat as a standalone. But I could not start Tomcat as a service (i.e. through Start|Settings|Control Panel|Administrative Tools|Services). And whenever I try to start it, I'll recieve the following error message:

--
Could not start Apache Tomcat 4.1 service on Local Computer.
The service did not return an error. This could be an internal Windows error or an internal service error.

ps: I've edited the environment variable and path.

Could someone tell me what's wrong? I've tried troubleshooting it for days, and I still do not have a clue on what's wrong. Any reference or suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance for any help,
Melvin