Posted to user@storm.apache.org by Denis DEBARBIEUX <dd...@norsys.fr> on 2015/02/17 09:48:02 UTC

When is called the nextTuple method of a Spout?

Dear all,

I am using storm via the trident interface. I have few questions about
the nextTuple method of a Spout

1. When is-it call? How many tuples per call should I emit? Only one? As
much as possible? According to the doc, when there is no tuple to emit,
the nextTuple method should call Thread.sleep(). Right?

2. My spout is listenning for some values  that are published in a
channel (more or less twitter stream as done in twitter4J).  How many
instances of my spout will be created? If there is more than one
instance, how to avoid to emit many time the same value.

Thanks for your help.

Denis

---