Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Bruce Albrecht <br...@maven.zuhause.org> on 2009/09/10 15:59:09 UTC

Maven and ClearCase UCM

Is anyone using Maven with ClearCase UCM with developers using children
streams with dynamic views?  If so, how do you manage bumping the POM
versions?  Do you rely on the developers doing it manually, or use an
automatic process?  If we automate it, it looks like we potentially need
to strip the -SNAPSHOT in the POMs' version before creating a baseline,
create a baseline, update the POMs to new -SNAPSHOT versions, and then
create a second baseline so that the developers can rebase against it.
Is there a better way that we're overlooking?  Thanks!

Re: Maven and ClearCase UCM

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de>.
you might look at

http://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-releasing.html

to get a first impression.

LieGrue,
strub

Posted by Andrew Close <ac...@gmail.com>.

--
Andrew Close

Re: Maven and ClearCase UCM

Posted by Bruce Albrecht <br...@maven.zuhause.org>.
Unfortunately, the  SCM plugin documentation says that it doesn't work
with ClearCase dynamic views, which we use almost exclusively. Since the
release plugin relies on the SCM plugin, we can't use it.

We normally have developers create new baselines through a script, so
we're considering modifying the script to update the POMs with a version
based on the ClearCase baseline created by the script. One catch is that
if we automatically update POMs after creating baseline they're not
available for rebasing until we create a second baseline.

Re: Maven and ClearCase UCM

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de>.

Re: Maven and ClearCase UCM

Posted by Andrew Close <ac...@gmail.com>.