Posted to dev@airflow.apache.org by Naik Kaxil <k....@reply.com> on 2018/08/05 23:21:50 UTC

Readthedocs is Broken

Hi Guys,

The readthedocs builds are failing due to https://github.com/apache/incubator-airflow/pull/3660:

https://readthedocs.org/projects/airflow/builds/7585546/

Does someone know how we can pass an environment variable (SLUGIFY_USES_TEXT_UNIDECODE=yes) to readthedocs environment? Is it possible by adding something to https://github.com/apache/incubator-airflow/blob/master/.readthedocs.yml file or any setting that needs to be changed?

I tried adding it to docs/conf.py but it doesn’t work.

Regards,
Kaxil

Kaxil Naik

Data Reply
2nd Floor, Nova South
160 Victoria Street, Westminster
London SW1E 5LB - UK
phone: +44 (0)20 7730 6000
k.naik@reply.com<ma...@reply.com>
www.reply.com

[Data Reply]

Re: Readthedocs is Broken

Posted by Taylor Edmiston <te...@gmail.com>.
Kaxil -

From what I can tell RTD doesn't support custom env vars from conf.py or
.readthedocs.yml in the build process.

I have a solution here based on another env var that they do set.  It works
on my machine.  Does this work for you?

https://github.com/apache/incubator-airflow/pull/3703

I do not currently have access to apache/incubator-airflow on
readthedocs.org but I would be happy to help test there if it's possible to
grant access.  I'm a docs admin for another Python project and have used it
before.

Best,
Taylor

*Taylor Edmiston*