Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by te...@sol2charon.no-ip.org on 2004/04/01 14:42:51 UTC

testing IMAP

     I read this:

"If you are interested in working on or trying the IMAP prototype code, join the
james-dev mailing list and let us know."

And I am definitely interested in testing the IMAP prototype code.  I am
currently running Apache 2.0.48 with Apache James 2.2.0a17 on Windows XP Pro
with the Horde (wwww.horde.org) web interface.

V/R,
Greg

Re: testing IMAP

Posted by Mauro Braggio <ma...@akume.it>.
See this pages:
http://wiki.apache.org/james/JamesIMAP
and
http://nagoya.apache.org/eyebrowse/ReadMsg?listName=james-dev@jakarta.apache.org&msgNo=5591

Best Regards

--
Mauro Braggio
--

Re: testing IMAP

Posted by te...@sol2charon.no-ip.org.
Stefano,

     I haven't actually tried the IMAP code yet.  The problem is I am uncertain
how to take advantage of the prototype code.  Is it as simple as telling my
client to treat the server as IMAP or are there configuration requirements for
James that must be changed to enable the IMAP connections.  I was simply
expressing my interest in trying the prototype code.  I was unclear about how
to enable it.  I realize this is not a user list but the web site clearly
states

RE: testing IMAP

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
> > And I am definitely interested in testing the IMAP prototype code.
> >  I am currently running [with] Apache James 2.2.0a17

There has no no work on the IMAP in the 2.2.0 branch.  All of the work has
been on the MAIN branch, which will be James v3.  We are in the process of
merging the two, but the priority at the moment has shifted to putting out a
stable release of James v2.2.0.

	--- Noel

Re: testing IMAP

Posted by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org>.