Posted to c-users@xerces.apache.org by Uri Moszkowicz <ur...@4refs.com> on 2012/01/18 22:21:44 UTC

Workaround for Xerces bug

Hi,
I've discovered in testing that my application crashes in Xerces code on
SUSE11 when the LANG variable is unset. I filed a bug report already but in
the mean time I need to find a workaround. Do you have any suggestions? I
could just set the variable in a wrapper script but I'd rather avoid that
if possible. I considered maybe trying a different transcoder, as that
appears to be where the crash is, but I'm having trouble building ICU. The
directions on the website appear to be outdated, as there's no longer a
packageBinaries.pl script. Worse yet, I need to link Xerces statically
since, as a practice, we don't distribute shared libraries to customers.
Xerces seems to link ICU dynamically, even though it can be built
statically. The website places great emphasis on building ICU with the same
options as Xerces but the command line given doesn't work (unknown
arguments). Any suggestions on how to proceed?

Thanks,
Uri