Posted to j-users@xalan.apache.org by ev...@rocketrainer.com on 2002/10/30 16:19:47 UTC

Start getting exception then moved to new version of Xalan

Hi,
I just moved from Xalan 2.3 to 2.4 and start getting this exception:
javax.xml.transform.TransformerException: A node test that matches either
NCName:* or QName was expected.
on this string in XSL:
<xsl:template match="." name="head">

That is strange because I didn't have the problem with previous version.
What it could be?

Thanks,
Jenya

Re: Start getting exception then moved to new version of Xalan

Posted by David N Bertoni/Cambridge/IBM <da...@us.ibm.com>.

"." is not a valid match pattern, so I would expect it would produce an
error.  It sounds like a bug was fixed.

Since "." is equivalent to self::node(), it doesn't make sense as a match
pattern.  Perhaps you just want node()?

Dave

                      evgeniy.strokin@rocke
                      trainer.com                   To:      xalan-j-users@xml.apache.org
                                                    cc:      (bcc: David N Bertoni/Cambridge/IBM)
                      10/30/2002 10:19 AM           Subject: Start getting exception then moved to new version of Xalan