Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Grant Edwards <gr...@gmail.com> on 2008/03/07 19:27:43 UTC

Overriding product display service

Hi,

I am trying to override the service that displays products in the
various categories. I need to change what data is returned, prior to the
rendering thereof.
org.ofbiz.product.category.CategoryServices.getCategoryMembers(......),
seemed like the correct service to override, but the overriding thereof
has had no effect.

Any help would be appreciated.

Kind regards

Grant Edwards

Re: Overriding product display service

Posted by Grant Edwards <gr...@gmail.com>.
Jacques, thank for the reply.

I do understand the architecture used by OFBiz, by all accounts my
question might not have been very clear.

I am attempting to override the getCategoryMembers(.....),  in a
hot-deploy component that I am writing, take a look at the service
definition below:

<service name="getProductCategoryMembers" engine="java"
location="com.gat.search.services.CategoryServices"
invoke="getCategoryMembers">
        <description>Gets ProductCategoryMembers for the
category_id</description>
        <attribute name="categoryId" type="String" mode="IN"/>
        <attribute name="category" type="org.ofbiz.entity.GenericValue"
mode="OUT"/>
        <attribute name="categoryMembers" type="java.util.Collection"
mode="OUT"/>
    </service>

Within my version of com.gat.search.services.CategoryServices I am
replacing/overriding the functionality provided by the service
getProductCategoryMembers. This has all worked fine, and within
https://localhost:8443/webtools/control/availableServices I can see my
new service.
https://localhost:8443/webtools/control/availableServices?constraint=location@com.gat.search.services.CategoryServices

Now getting back to my original question. I need to change what products
are displayed for any given category. I had assumed that
replacing/overriding the service called getProductCategoryMembers would
enable me to do this, but unfortunately I am still seeing the original
list of products displayed in the category in question.

Is getProductCategoryMembers the correct service to replace/override in
order to change what products are displayed for a given category ?

Kind regards

Grant Edwards

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Maybe I did not understand your question, but here we go :
OFBiz uses a Service Oriented Architecture (SOA). It does not use (only) Plain Old Java Object (POJO). In your case you must
understand that org.ofbiz.product.category.CategoryServices.getCategoryMembers(......),  is used by the service

From: "Grant Edwards" <gr...@gmail.com>

Posted by Grant Edwards <gr...@gmail.com>.
Thanks  Bilgin, that exactly what I was looking for.

Posted by Bilgin Ibryam <bi...@iguanait.com>.
Hi Grant,