Posted to slide-dev@jakarta.apache.org by "Pill, Juergen" <Ju...@softwareag.com> on 2002/09/09 15:07:39 UTC

Slide version 2

Hello,

Some of you already asked for it: When will be the next release of Slide
version 2?

Some functionality is already implemented, in some areas there is
development ongoing. We want to give you an overview about the current state
and ask you for feed-back.

Implemented functionality:

Delta-V server part: (core versioning, basic server workspace and basic
client workspace package)
ACL server part: the draft version 0.8 is implemented.
DASL server part: everything from
http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/draft-reschke-webdav-search-01.html, except
QSD and some optional features (e.g. like operator).

Test suite: all implemented features of ACL, DASL and Delta-V are covered.

Client part: only very rough support of DASL, ACL and Delta-V (the methods
are available and operable, the resource aspect is not implemented). (see
also the up and coming JSR 147). The command line client was NOT adopted.

Missing:
- support of Tomcat 4.1.x (exception at start-up, did not harm in our
environment).
- helping Slide API methods to navigate from a VCR to the associated VHR.
- Locking and security is not VR specific.
- Documentation (user- and developer oriented)

J2EE/JDBC  stores
- more review required.

JSTL
- in development progress.

Client library
- use the commons-http client library (v2.0) and drop the internal library
again.
- Synchronize server and client features (Delta-V, ACL and DASL) (on the
command line client and the resource centric view).
- Use WebDAV URI class.

Currently we feel the NC bug, the missing documentation and the ongoing
development are the main concerns before starting the milestone releases.

Best regards

Slide committers

Re: [NOTICE] API changes (Re: Slide version 2)

Posted by Sung-Gu <je...@apache.org>.
Sorry for delaying... it'll be this weekend.  again..  :)

Sung-Gu

Posted by Sung-Gu <je...@apache.org>.
Hi all,

Posted by Sung-Gu <je...@apache.org>.

Yes, we can release Slide 2.0.  ;)
BTW, don't we need to release Slide 1.0.17 or 1.1.0?

Actually, Slide 1.0.16 is a stable version and the versions below that are
beta and alpa.
So can we call Slide 1.0.16 as the official version for Slide 1.0 or not?

As I remeber that Christopher Lenz was doing this job.
But I don't know the current status yet...  :-p

Sung-Gu