Posted to dev@drill.apache.org by Aman Sinha <as...@maprtech.com> on 2015/04/29 18:28:07 UTC

TestTpchDistributed unit tests...

I noticed that the joins in  TestTpchDistributed unit tests are not getting
parallelized.  The aggregations and sort are getting parallelized.  I have
filed DRILL-2900.
We do have test coverage for parallel joins elsewhere, especially with TPCH
SF100 tests; so this is an FYI  in case you are relying on
TestTpchDistributed for such coverage.

This also raises the importance of plan tracking for more tests.  We have
been doing plan tracking for partition pruning tests and it has worked out
quite well.

Aman

Re: TestTpchDistributed unit tests...

Posted by Jinfeng Ni <jn...@apache.org>.
Mehant raised a good point, that is, whether slice_target = 1 implies plans
with exchanges everywhere.  Is it worthwhile to add a new planner option to
explicitly enforce exchanges inserted during the planning phase, in stead
of relying on slice_target?

Either way, I agree that we should put verification into unit testcase, not
only the query plan, but also the query result. Currently, those testcases
do not verify either of them.

Posted by Mehant Baid <ba...@gmail.com>.