Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by ma...@zf.com on 2013/12/05 16:45:29 UTC

Font Symbol doesn't work

Hello,

I tried to use (for PDF) a SVG which is using the font “symbol”.
(I know the font is a BASE14 font and is embedded in the Adobe Reader.
So I tried with symbol.ttf in the config and also without. I also cleaned the Font Cache)

I also have take a look in to the sources and the desired glyph are described.
So this is confusing me, because they got width but are not in the font ?

Expected: formula.png
I got: formula_fail.png
-------------------------------------------------------------- FOP message --------------------------------------------------------------
[WARN] DefaultEventListener - glyphNotAvailable - Glyph "(" (0x28, parenleft) not available in font "SymbolMT".
[WARN] DefaultEventListener - glyphNotAvailable - Glyph ")" (0x29, parenright) not available in font "SymbolMT".
[WARN] DefaultEventListener - glyphNotAvailable - Glyph "ò" (0xf2, ograve) not available in font "SymbolMT".
[WARN] DefaultEventListener - glyphNotAvailable - Glyph "+" (0x2b, plus) not available in font "SymbolMT".
[WARN] DefaultEventListener - glyphNotAvailable - Glyph "=" (0x3d, equal) not available in font "SymbolMT".
-------------------------------------------------------------- FOP message --------------------------------------------------------------
Symbol.java

è width[0x2b] = 549;

è width[0xf2] = 274;

è ….

So want’s wrong?
Thanks for your help in advance
Best regards

Markus

Re: Font Symbol doesn't work

Posted by Alexey Neyman <st...@att.net>.
According to FOP developers [1], when rendering SVGs, FOP uses batik library -
which doesn't use FOP's font configuration, using system fonts instead. I am
using a work-around I described in that thread [1] to get SVGs to use proper
fonts; you can also pre-render them in your vector editor (e.g., in Inkscape:
Path -> Object to path).

[1] http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.text.xml.fop.user/34984

Regards,
Alexey.

On Thursday, December 05, 2013 07:45:29 am markus.sticker.epos@zf.com wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I tried to use (for PDF) a SVG which is using the font “symbol”.
> (I know the font is a BASE14 font and is embedded in the Adobe Reader.
> So I tried with symbol.ttf in the config and also without. I also cleaned
> the Font Cache)
>
> I also have take a look in to the sources and the desired glyph are
> described. So this is confusing me, because they got width but are not in
> the font ?
>
> Expected: formula.png
> I got: formula_fail.png
> -------------------------------------------------------------- FOP message
> -------------------------------------------------------------- [WARN]
> DefaultEventListener - glyphNotAvailable - Glyph "(" (0x28, parenleft) not
> available in font "SymbolMT". [WARN] DefaultEventListener -
> glyphNotAvailable - Glyph ")" (0x29, parenright) not available in font
> "SymbolMT". [WARN] DefaultEventListener - glyphNotAvailable - Glyph "ò"
> (0xf2, ograve) not available in font "SymbolMT". [WARN]
> DefaultEventListener - glyphNotAvailable - Glyph "+" (0x2b, plus) not
> available in font "SymbolMT". [WARN] DefaultEventListener -
> glyphNotAvailable - Glyph "=" (0x3d, equal) not available in font
> "SymbolMT". --------------------------------------------------------------
> FOP message --------------------------------------------------------------
> Symbol.java
>
> è width[0x2b] = 549;
>
> è width[0xf2] = 274;
>
> è ….
>
> So want’s wrong?
> Thanks for your help in advance
> Best regards
>
> Markus

AW: Font Symbol doesn't work

Posted by ma...@zf.com.
Hi Martin,

thanks for your answer.
But that's wrong. In the SVG is already  written "Symbol".
And sorry I forgot to attach the svg.
Best regards

Markus

It looks like the SVG uses the font SymbolMT which is not the same as Symbol.
SVG is a text format so you should be able to open the SVG in a text editor and change the font there. Or use your favorite SVG editor to do it.

Med v�nliga h�lsningar,

Martin Norb�ck Olivers
--
Konsult, Soleil
http://www.soleilit.se/

From: "markus.sticker.epos@zf.com<ma...@zf.com>" <ma...@zf.com>>
Date: torsdag 5 december 2013 16:45
To: "fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org<ma...@xmlgraphics.apache.org>" <fo...@xmlgraphics.apache.org>>
Subject: Font Symbol doesn't work

Hello,

I tried to use (for PDF) a SVG which is using the font "symbol".
(I know the font is a BASE14 font and is embedded in the Adobe Reader.
So I tried with symbol.ttf in the config and also without. I also cleaned the Font Cache)

I also have take a look in to the sources and the desired glyph are described.
So this is confusing me, because they got width but are not in the font ?

Expected: formula.png
I got: formula_fail.png
-------------------------------------------------------------- FOP message --------------------------------------------------------------
[WARN] DefaultEventListener - glyphNotAvailable - Glyph "(" (0x28, parenleft) not available in font "SymbolMT".
[WARN] DefaultEventListener - glyphNotAvailable - Glyph ")" (0x29, parenright) not available in font "SymbolMT".
[WARN] DefaultEventListener - glyphNotAvailable - Glyph "�" (0xf2, ograve) not available in font "SymbolMT".
[WARN] DefaultEventListener - glyphNotAvailable - Glyph "+" (0x2b, plus) not available in font "SymbolMT".
[WARN] DefaultEventListener - glyphNotAvailable - Glyph "=" (0x3d, equal) not available in font "SymbolMT".
-------------------------------------------------------------- FOP message --------------------------------------------------------------
Symbol.java

?  width[0x2b] = 549;

?  width[0xf2] = 274;

?  ....

Re: Font Symbol doesn't work

Posted by Martin Norbäck Olivers <ma...@soleilit.se>.
It looks like the SVG uses the font SymbolMT which is not the same as Symbol.
SVG is a text format so you should be able to open the SVG in a text editor and change the font there. Or use your favorite SVG editor to do it.

Med vänliga hälsningar,

Martin Norbäck Olivers
--
Konsult, Soleil