Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by joshy_m <jo...@yahoo.com> on 2012/08/07 21:55:00 UTC

Custom Search Logic

I am a new user to Solr and I am still learning the techniques used here.

I had a requirement to do a relative search based on a specific logic. Its
something like, I have a text string which when searched, should return all
the items that are matching that text string for an attribute and all the
other products which are having closeby matches. Since the search is to
check the closeby matches for a string, there is a logic that needs to be
performed.

Did any one of you have a similar requirements in your past experience? Or
if any one can throw in some ideas that would be helpful as well

Thanks in Advance

Re: Custom Search Logic

Posted by Lance Norskog <go...@gmail.com>.
Does "closeby" mean other words nearby in the text? For that, you want
Lucene or Solr. Lucene is a text search library which does this nearby
search very very quickly, and Solr is an app that wraps Lucene.

On Tue, Aug 7, 2012 at 1:14 PM, Michael Della Bitta
<mi...@appinions.com> wrote:
> Hello Joshy,
>
> You might want to look at MoreLikeThis:
>
> http://wiki.apache.org/solr/MoreLikeThis
>
> Michael Della Bitta

> Appinions | 18 East 41st St., Suite 1806 | New York, NY 10017
> www.appinions.com
> Where Influence Isn’t a Game
>

> On Tue, Aug 7, 2012 at 3:55 PM, joshy_m <jo...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>> I am a new user to Solr and I am still learning the techniques used here.
>>
>> I had a requirement to do a relative search based on a specific logic. Its
>> something like, I have a text string which when searched, should return all
>> the items that are matching that text string for an attribute and all the
>> other products which are having closeby matches. Since the search is to
>> check the closeby matches for a string, there is a logic that needs to be
>> performed.
>>
>> Did any one of you have a similar requirements in your past experience? Or
>> if any one can throw in some ideas that would be helpful as well
>>
>> Thanks in Advance
>>

>> --

Lance Norskog
goksron@gmail.com