Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Gandle, Panchasheel" <pg...@rwjf.org> on 2003/06/16 21:31:46 UTC

RE: Possible reason for NullPointerException at ComponentDefiniti onsFactoryWrapper.getDefinition

When I leave my server idle for some time, 10 - 20 min , and then try to
access some , I get this exception
with regards to tiles, I'm using struts 1.1, tiles and ActionServlet instead
of tiles.ActionComponentServlet.
Server is weblogic 81

I'm sure most of the people must be knowing the reason,
Thanks in advance , below is the Exception.

java.lang.NullPointerException
        at
org.apache.struts.tiles.definition.ComponentDefinitionsFactoryWrapper.getDef
inition(ComponentDefinitionsFactoryWrapper.java:1
19)
        at
org.apache.struts.tiles.TilesRequestProcessor.processTilesDefinition(TilesRe
questProcessor.java:181)
        at
org.apache.struts.tiles.TilesRequestProcessor.processForwardConfig(TilesRequ
estProcessor.java:303)
        at
org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.processActionForward(RequestProces
sor.java:401)
        at
org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.process(RequestProcessor.java:279)
        at
org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java:1422)
        at
org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doGet(ActionServlet.java:505)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl$ServletInvocationAction.run(Servle
tStubImpl.java:1053)
        at
:387)
        at
:305)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext$ServletInvocationAction.run(W
ebAppServletContext.java:6291)
        at
weblogic.security.acl.internal.AuthenticatedSubject.doAs(AuthenticatedSubjec
t.java:317)
        at
weblogic.security.service.SecurityManager.runAs(SecurityManager.java:97)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.invokeServlet(WebAppServletCo
ntext.java:3575)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl.execute(ServletRequestImpl.java
:2573)
        at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:178)
        at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.java:151)

Thanks
Panchasheel