Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Tomasz Pasierb <to...@poczta.fm> on 2006/10/12 14:05:31 UTC

panelNavigation2 and clientId

Hello,

I've got two questions:

1. could anyone please provide me with some info on how does
paneNavigation2 component's state saving functionality depend on clientIds?

When I invoke an action and go to another page (defined in
faces-config.xml) does the panelNavigation and its subelements clientId
has to be the same as in the previous view in order for the clicked
option in panelNavigation2/commandNavigation2 to remain "open".

The problem is just like above when I use myfaces with clay. The menu
renders ok (clicked options are open) as long as I stay on the same
view. However when I navigate to another view (through faces-config.xml
navigation rule) the menu renders with all the options (submenues)
closed. I noticed that when the view changes the panelNavigation2's
clienId also changes and I'm wondering if that may be the reason.

2. can I make certain actions not do the roundtrip to the server if the
only thing to do is to show the submenu (which would be possible using
only javascript) or is there not such functionality in panelNavigation2
and I should use some other component (i.e jsCookMenu)?

Regards,
Tom Pasierb