Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Thilo Götz <tw...@gmx.de> on 2010/11/22 16:56:08 UTC

SunX509

Hi all,

I've been experimenting with James 3, and I noticed
that the SSL implementation has a hard-coded dependency
on the Sun JCE provider.  This prevents SSL from working
with (at least some) non-Sun JVMs.  E.g., IBM JVMs come
with an IBM JCE provider that doesn't know the SunX509
algorithm.  Instead, there's an IbmX509 algorithm.

Any chance we could make the algorithm configurable?
If somebody were to point me in the right direction,
I could try to supply a patch.  We could still leave
the SunX509 algorithm as default since most people are
probably using a Sun JVM.

Thanks,
Thilo

Re: SunX509

Posted by Norman Maurer <no...@apache.org>.
Hi Thilo,

sounds like a good idea to make it configurable. We love patches so
yes It would be cool if you implement it ;)

See:
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/james/server/trunk/netty-socket/src/main/java/org/apache/james/socket/netty/AbstractConfigurableAsyncServer.java?view=markup

I think we could make it configurable somewhere in the configure
method. (line 233 for example).

Just write an email if you need some help or feedback :)

Bye,
Norman