Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by auron <ji...@gmail.com> on 2007/10/19 17:42:52 UTC

wicket-auth-roles updated for wicket 1.3 ?

Hi all -

I am trying to integrate wicket 1.3 beta 4, acegi security, and
wicket-auth-roles. For the most part I followed the how-to on
http://cwiki.apache.org/WICKET/acegi-and-wicket-auth-roles.html but modified
it to use a simple Jdbc Dao for my authenticationDao.

When I run the web-app I get the following error message:

2007-10-19 08:37:33.686::WARN:  failed wicket.myapp
org.apache.wicket.WicketRuntimeException: Use Application.init() method for
conf
iguring your application object
        at org.apache.wicket.Application.getSettings(Application.java:829)
        at
org.apache.wicket.Application.getSecuritySettings(Application.java:56
6)
        at
edu.ucsd.acp.web.WicketApplication.<init>(WicketApplication.java:21)
Method)

        at
sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstruct
orAccessorImpl.java:39)
        at
sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingC
onstructorAccessorImpl.java:27)
[...]

Here is my Application code:

public class WicketApplication extends AuthenticatedWebApplication {
	//to be injected by Spting
	private AuthenticationManager authenticationManager;
    /**
     * Constructor
     */
	public WicketApplication() {
		super.init();
		//Security Settings
		getSecuritySettings().setAuthorizationStrategy(new
MetaDataRoleAuthorizationStrategy(this));
		MetaDataRoleAuthorizationStrategy.authorize(BasePage.class,
SecurityConstants.ROLE_ADMIN);
	}

Could this be due to an incompatibility between wicket 1.3 and
wicket-auth-roles?

Thanks,
Jin

Re: wicket-auth-roles updated for wicket 1.3 ?

Posted by auron <ji...@gmail.com>.
Damn, talk about a brain fart -

Thanks Igor, much appreciated -
Jin