Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Sriram Ganesh <sr...@gmail.com> on 2023/01/24 09:25:10 UTC

Using S3 as stream source in Flink

Hi Everyone,

I am thinking of switching my input source from Kafka to S3. First, I
couldn't find any streaming source connector for S3. I have some basic
questions about

1. How S3 will work as a streaming source with proper checkpointing.?
2. How Flink will manage the last offset processed from a file?
3. Is exactly_once possible while using S3 as a streaming source?
4. What could be the pros and cons of using an S3 kind of storage as a
streaming source?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

*Sriram G*
*Tech*

Re: Using S3 as stream source in Flink

Posted by Sriram Ganesh <sr...@gmail.com>.