Posted to dev@vcl.apache.org by Dmitri Chebotarov <dc...@gmu.edu> on 2013/02/12 15:15:12 UTC

vcl.log.ending

Hi

Where can I find meaning for values in field 'ending' in vcl.log table?
I.e. 'EOR', 'released','timeout', etc.

--
Thank you,

Dmitri Chebotarov
VCL Sys Eng, Engineering & Architectural Support, TSD - Ent Servers & Messaging
223 Aquia Building, Ffx, MSN: 1B5
Phone: (703) 993-6175 | Fax: (703) 993-3404

Re: vcl.log.ending

Posted by Josh Thompson <jo...@ncsu.edu>.

You can pretty well guess how they match up with the "Ending information" on
the statistics page, which has a description of each one.  But, as Aaron
mentioned, they aren't properly documented anywhere, yet again highlighting
our need for better documentation.

Josh

On Tuesday, February 12, 2013 9:24:13 AM Aaron Peeler wrote:
> I don't think this is documented anywhere.
>
> But here is a summary:
>
> ending states('deleted','released','failed','failedtest','noack','
> nologin','timeout','EOR','none'):
> 'deleted' = user deleted reservation before start
> 'released' = user released or ended reservation during the start and end
>  time
> 'failed' = failed to load
> 'failedtest' = testing
> 'noack' = user did not ack the reservation by clicking the connect button
> 'nologin' = user ack'd (hit connect button) but did not login
> 'timeout' = user disconnected but did not end the reservation manually
> before finalend time
> 'EOR' = reservation went through full duration
> 'none' = none
>

> Aaron
>
> On Tue, Feb 12, 2013 at 9:15 AM, Dmitri Chebotarov <dc...@gmu.edu> wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > Where can I find meaning for values in field 'ending' in vcl.log table?
> > I.e. 'EOR', 'released','timeout', etc.
> >
> > --
> > Thank you,
> >
> > Dmitri Chebotarov
> > VCL Sys Eng, Engineering & Architectural Support, TSD - Ent Servers &
> > Messaging
> > 223 Aquia Building, Ffx, MSN: 1B5
> > Phone: (703) 993-6175 | Fax: (703) 993-3404
- --
Josh Thompson
VCL Developer
North Carolina State University