Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Alen Ribic <al...@mweb.co.za> on 2003/06/10 09:38:56 UTC

Re: Problem with Logic:Iterate

I know that this is an old post, but I had a same problem last night, so I
thought I feedback on what my problem was.

in my action class...
request.setAttribute("productList", productList); // bean list

in my Logic:Iterate, I got a "javax.servlet.ServletException: No bean
found..."

It was a stupid problem that I picked up from my side.
I was doing a forward to a view that had redirect attribute set to true
(redirect="true")
So, no request object was maintained across the redirect of course.

--Alen

Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2001 11:53:06 -0800
From: Craig R. McClanahan <Cr...@eng.sun.com>
Subject: Problem with Logic:Iterate

Dennis wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm new to struts, and trying to kick the tires a little but I'm having a
> problem using the iterate tag.  I have a Bean called DataObjects that
> contains a Vector called 'objects'.  The vector contains beans with a
single
> member variable called 'name'.  In the Action class, I use
> request.setAttribute("dos", objects)
> to make the bean visible.  When I use the following in my .jsp file, I get
> an error stating "javax.servlet.ServletException: No bean found for
> attribute key row".  It must be something simple, but I can't seem to find
> the problem.

There was a bug in the iterate tag a couple of weeks ago, where it would not
actually create the "row" variable for you.  This has been fixed with recent
nightly builds -- could you try it again with last night's?

Craig