Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Raghavendra Prabhu <rr...@gmail.com> on 2006/03/31 07:26:15 UTC

hadoop with local option

Hi

I currently run hadoop with local option.

Does this mean that still map reduce will work on the local system?

If that is so, then hadoop incorporates two things
1)distributed file system
2) map reduce

And the distributed file system - is mainly for moving data around between
networked computers. Is the above statement true?

I have one more question. With the local option set, Is there the concept
of  a jobtracker and a tasktracker?
Does the same machine act as both of the above or is it only a map reduce
implementation.

The problem is i am trying to grasp the two things separately(from code
point of view) and they are intercoupled to a great extent.

Rgds
Prabhu