Posted to oak-dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by Marcel Reutegger <mr...@adobe.com> on 2015/09/08 09:35:15 UTC

JCR TCK tests on DOCUMENT_RDB

Hi,

JCR TCK tests currently do not run on Jenkins with the
DOCUMENT_RDB fixture. IIUC the tests do not run because
no system property 'rdb.jdbc-url' is set. Why is the
default empty and needs to be enabled explicitly?

Wouldn't it be better for test coverage to set the
property by default? We can still disable the test
with 'nsfixtures'.

Regards
 Marcel

Re: JCR TCK tests on DOCUMENT_RDB

Posted by Julian Reschke <ju...@gmx.de>.
On 2015-09-09 17:59, Julian Reschke wrote:
> On 2015-09-09 17:49, Michael Dürig wrote:

>>> OK, I added these as global maven parameters (is there a way to specify
>>> them for just a specific nsfixture?). Let's see what will come out of
>>> it.
>>>

>> Test results:
>> 44 tests failed.
>>
>> https://builds.apache.org/job/Apache%20Jackrabbit%20Oak%20matrix/403/
>
> But on JDK 1.8 only? Strange.
>
> I'm reverting the config change and will investigate...

Tested on my machine and did not reproduce. Re-enabled on Jenkins, and
got a single (different) test failure:
<https://builds.apache.org/job/Apache%20Jackrabbit%20Oak%20matrix/408/jdk=jdk1.8.0_11,label=Ubuntu,nsfixtures=DOCUMENT_RDB,profile=unittesting/>

So I'll leave this in, and will look at this individual test soonish.

Best regards, Julian

Re: JCR TCK tests on DOCUMENT_RDB

Posted by Julian Reschke <ju...@gmx.de>.

Posted by Michael Dürig <md...@apache.org>.

Posted by Julian Reschke <ju...@gmx.de>.

Posted by Michael Dürig <md...@apache.org>.

Posted by Julian Reschke <ju...@greenbytes.de>.

Posted by Michael Dürig <md...@apache.org>.

Posted by Julian Reschke <ju...@greenbytes.de>.
On 2015-09-08 09:35, Marcel Reutegger wrote:
> Hi,
>
> JCR TCK tests currently do not run on Jenkins with the
> DOCUMENT_RDB fixture. IIUC the tests do not run because
> no system property 'rdb.jdbc-url' is set. Why is the
> default empty and needs to be enabled explicitly?
>
> Wouldn't it be better for test coverage to set the
> property by default? We can still disable the test
> with 'nsfixtures'.

Good catch. IMHO it should have a sane default, the same way
NodeStoreFixture does. I just opened
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OAK-3369>.

Best regards, Julian