Posted to batik-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Bogdan <bo...@op.pl> on 2008/08/03 10:55:52 UTC

Batik code correction

  Hello.

  You may have not received my message, so I send again:

SVGSVGElementBridge.java:handleAnimatedAttributeChanged(AnimatedLiveAttributeValue):

Locate

		if (rebuild) {
                     CompositeGraphicsNode gn = node.getParent();
                     gn.remove(node);
                     disposeTree(e, false);

                     handleElementAdded(gn, e.getParentNode(), e);
                     return;
                 }

(near the middle of the file)
and replace
                     gn.remove(node);
with
                     if (gn != null) gn.remove(node);

and

        handleElementAdded(gn, e.getParentNode(), e);

with

        if (gn != null) handleElementAdded(gn, e.getParentNode(), e);

  This corrections avoids some null-pointer exceptions inside batik.

--
Pozdrawiam/Regards - Bogdan                     (GNU/Linux & FreeDOS)
Kurs asemblera x86 (DOS, GNU/Linux):http://rudy.mif.pg.gda.pl/~bogdro

Re: Batik code correction

Posted by Helder Magalhães <he...@gmail.com>.
> and replace
>                    gn.remove(node);
> with
>                    if (gn != null) gn.remove(node);
[...]
>  This corrections avoids some null-pointer exceptions inside batik.

This doesn't seem to be a bug within the framework but (potentially) a
threading issue within your code. Please consider following the
thread-safe guidelines [1] (if you aren't already, of course).

Hope this helps,

 Helder Magalhães

[1] http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/batik/using/scripting/java.html#Threads