Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Henry Story <hj...@bblfish.net> on 2003/05/12 17:02:51 UTC

seting the document base for webdav

Hi,

	I downloaded the latest tomcat jakarta-tomcat-4.1.24-LE-jdk14, and
was trying to set the document base to be somwhere else other than the
webabs/webdav directory. To do this I added the following to
conf/server.xml

        <Context path="/webdav"
                 docBase="/home/hjs/work/ifs"
                 crossContext="false"
                 debug="3"
                 reloadable="true" >
         <!--Resources
className="org.apache.naming.resources.FileDirContext"
           allowLinking="true" docBase="/home/hjs/work/ifs" -->
        </Context>

This does indeed move the doc base, but it no longer allows me to see the
files through a webdav client. The above xml seems to hide the webdav
servlet from tomcat.

Any ideas on this? I have searched around, but not found any answers on
how to do this.

Henry

Re: setting the document base for webdav

Posted by Henry Story <hj...@bblfish.net>.
adding this to $TOMCAT_HOME/conf/server.xml works better.

 <Context path="/webdav"
                 docBase="webdav"
                 crossContext="false"
                 debug="3"
                 reloadable="true" >
         <Resources className="org.apache.naming.resources.FileDirContext"
            allowLinking="true" docBase="/home/hjs/work/ifs/"/>
  </Context>

Here at least I can browse the files in webapps/webdav directory using a
webdav client (though I would have expected to browse the
/home/hjs/work/ifs directory). The server follows through symbolic
links.

The 'docBase' attribute in the Resources tag does not seem to be doing any
work.

I seem to be getting closer to understanding how this works. I am not
quite there yet though.

Henry

(PS. presumably by setting the 'docbase' attribute in the Context tag the
way I did in my previous e-mail, I would have had to move the WEB-INF
directory too)