Posted to users@camel.apache.org by ben1729 <bm...@scottlogic.co.uk> on 2012/09/16 19:34:32 UTC

Protecting route against crashes

Hi all,

I have a route that looks something like this, running in ServiceMix
(v4.4.2):

from("jms:queue:start")
    // Message processing
    .("jms:queue:end");

I would like to protect against the server crashing whilst processing this
route so that if the message is not lost in transit. What is the best way to
do this from within an OSGi environment? I would like the message to appear
back in the jms start queue in it's original format if the server goes down
so that when it comes back up it can continue it's journey.

I have seen there is transaction support but I am unsure how to set this up
in ServiceMix (all examples I have found are outside the OSGi environment).
How do I configure this?

Could I use CLIENT_ACKNOWLEDGE? If so how do I configure the JmsComponent
and how do I programmatically acknowledge the message (is there a
acknowledge() method)?

Thanks in advance.

Ben

Re: Protecting route against crashes

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

There has been some talks recently about transaction and Camel. See for example
http://camel.465427.n5.nabble.com/Distributed-transaction-in-camel-route-td5719279.html

On Sun, Sep 16, 2012 at 7:34 PM, ben1729 <bm...@scottlogic.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have a route that looks something like this, running in ServiceMix
> (v4.4.2):
>
> from("jms:queue:start")
>     // Message processing
>     .("jms:queue:end");
>
> I would like to protect against the server crashing whilst processing this
> route so that if the message is not lost in transit. What is the best way to
> do this from within an OSGi environment? I would like the message to appear
> back in the jms start queue in it's original format if the server goes down
> so that when it comes back up it can continue it's journey.
>
> I have seen there is transaction support but I am unsure how to set this up
> in ServiceMix (all examples I have found are outside the OSGi environment).
> How do I configure this?
>
> Could I use CLIENT_ACKNOWLEDGE? If so how do I configure the JmsComponent
> and how do I programmatically acknowledge the message (is there a
> acknowledge() method)?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Ben

Claus Ibsen