Posted to announce@apache.org by ApacheCon EU 2009 <cu...@apache.org> on 2009/03/13 03:50:49 UTC

[ANN] ApacheCon Europe 2009 - Keynotes & MeetUps; Room Discounts expire 13 March

ApacheCon Europe 2009 announces our Keynote Speakers; welcomes you to
our Special Events; reminds you our Special Package Discount expires at
the end of today; and issues last call for ApacheCon US 2009 CFPs!

* ApacheCon Europe 2009 Keynote Speakers

- Wednesday: Raghu Ramakrishnan, "Data Management in the Cloud"

- Thursday: James Governor of Red Monk

- Friday: Apache Pioneer's Panel - 10 years of The Apache Software
Foundation - featuring luminaries from early days of the ASF

* Special Events: MeetUps, BarCampApache, and more

- Join the Wicket, Jackrabbit, Portals, Lucene, and Maven communities in
their free MeetUps on Monday and Tuesday night.  MeetUps are for hacking
with the committers, and bringing your user question to the community.

   http://xrl.us/aceu09mc    MeetUp schedule and sign up to participate

- Sign up to attend BarCampApache (also free) on Monday, where everyone
can be a speaker.  Be sure to sign up your name on the wiki soon!

   http://barcamp.org/BarCampApache    Add your name to participate

* Special Discount Package of EUR 150 off *ends* after 13 March!

The Special Discount Package provides a saving of EUR 150 off of the
Full Conference price, only for guests staying at the Mövenpick Hotel
for 2 or more nights. To qualify for this discount you will need to
register at the Mövenpick using our link for your reservation, and then
register for the conference as an attendee, and select the "Special
Discount Package" registration checkbox.

    http://xrl.us/aceu09ha    Book your hotel room, and
    http://xrl.us/aceu09ra    Register for the conference

* You may still submit a CFP for ApacheCon US 2009, held 2-6 November in
Oakland CA until the submissions closing deadline of 14 March 2009 at
12:00 GMT.

   http://us.apachecon.com/admin/con/cfp

* Interested in sponsoring ApacheCon or related events?  Contact Delia
Frees at delia@apachecon.com for further information.

   http://xrl.us/aceu09ss    Our current sponsor list

--
ApacheCon Europe 2009 Team