Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by cy...@almacenes-paris.cl on 2004/05/06 17:06:46 UTC

Help with VelocityPortletAction

Hi.
Please, I need help or at least, some kind of information.
How can avoid the call to buildNormalContext method??? I mean, I need to
execute another method in the action (which is executed), but always, and
after the call to my own method, the buildNormalContext is called again.

Please, help!!

Thank you!!

Re: Help with VelocityPortletAction

Posted by Michael Rothrock <mi...@michaelrothrock.com>.
You can exit your buildNormalContext method without doing anything by
setting a flag in the request.

Put the following line in your action:
rundata.getRequest().setAttribute("skip_normal", new Boolean(true));

And put the following at the start of buildNormalContext:
Boolean reqVal = (Boolean)
    rundata.getRequest().getAttribute("skip_normal");

If ((reqVal != null) && (reqVal.booleanValue() == true)) {
    return;
}

-- Michael