Posted to j-users@xalan.apache.org by Sergey Skugarev <s....@javarealm.com> on 2003/07/16 22:05:52 UTC

Interrogation of Transformer object

Hello xalan-j-users,

  Is that possible to query Transformer object somehow to find out
  list of nodes that actually accessed from that particular
  Transformer?

  In our application we have XML generation subsystem that
  allows us bypass generation of XML subtrees based on XPath-like
  filters. For now we set up filters manually in configuration file.
  For example if we know that XSL stylesheet does not use some path,
  i.e. never selects node values from that subtree, etc., we exclude
  that node from XML (generation routine skips that node).

  We want to be able to set these filters automatically, and need
  a way to interrogate Transformer for list of used nodes.

Thank you,
Sergey Skugarev

JavaRealm Software
http://www.javarealm.com