Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by David Comerford <da...@gmail.com> on 2013/04/03 10:42:48 UTC

Global setting: router.extra.public.nics

Hi list,

Can anyone tell me what "router.extra.public.nics" is used for?

I recently noticed my routers had the default extra 2 NICs and I can't see
any need for them.
I've also noticed in VMware one of the extra public NICs gets the correct
VLAN tag for public traffic but is added to the management vSwitch, which
isn't tagged and won't work even if the NIC was used by the router.

Cheers,
Dave

Re: Global setting: router.extra.public.nics

Posted by David Comerford <da...@gmail.com>.
Ahh that makes sense. Answers my question nicely.
Thanks guys

Posted by Kelven Yang <ke...@citrix.com>.

Posted by prasanna <ts...@apache.org>.