Posted to dev@bloodhound.apache.org by Gary Martin <ga...@wandisco.com> on 2013/03/07 13:37:26 UTC

time for a new release yet?

Hi,

It has been a while since the last release so, although we might be a
little distracted by graduation, it is probably worth considering a
release sooner rather than later. I am in the middle of making changes
to the ticket page but we have other improvements to release and it
doesn't have to be as long until the next release.

Does anyone new want to take on the role of release manager? The
https://issues.apache.org/bloodhound/wiki/BloodhoundReleaseProcess
document is there to help with the process but I (and presumably other
previous release managers) should be on hand to help clarify anything.

Cheers,
     Gary

Re: time for a new release yet?

Posted by Ryan Ollos <ry...@wandisco.com>.
On Mar 7, 2013 4:38 AM, "Gary Martin" <ga...@wandisco.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> It has been a while since the last release so, although we might be a
little distracted by graduation, it is probably worth considering a release
sooner rather than later. I am in the middle of making changes to the
ticket page but we have other improvements to release and it doesn't have
to be as long until the next release.

> Does anyone new want to take on the role of release manager? The
https://issues.apache.org/bloodhound/wiki/BloodhoundReleaseProcess document
is there to help with the process but I (and presumably other previous
release managers) should be on hand to help clarify anything.

> Cheers,
>     Gary

Yes, It will be nice to get some of these fixes on the i.a.o site.

The most time consuming part of the release process for me was going
through the key generation and signing steps for the first time. A lot if
that was unfamiliar to me though. Overall, I think it will be fairly
straightforward now that Gary and Joe gave written up all the steps. I'm
fine to do it again if others are busy.

Re: time for a new release yet?

Posted by Olemis Lang <ol...@gmail.com>.
On 3/7/13, Gary Martin <ga...@wandisco.com> wrote:
> Hi,

:)

> It has been a while since the last release so, although we might be a
> little distracted by graduation, it is probably worth considering a
> release sooner rather than later.

+1 ... though I'm seeing some failures in MP and Trac test suites ,
including regressions ... just in case that will include
bep_0003_multiproduct branch .

http://pastebin.com/upWERtuX

Olemis.

Apacheā„¢ Bloodhound contributor